pumpkincarving
Pumpkin carving is an art. This is my absolutely favorite time of year ever. The colors, the leaves, the air, and the amazing creativity of halloween!
Carve your best pumpkin and share!!!
xo
a

Email your submissions to submissions@essenceexpressions.com and we’ll post them!
Please note: Any art you submit to the MackEvents can be used by Essence Interactive, Inc and Allison Mack for any purpose.

• bwhited1968

on October 15, 2009 at 8:30 pm

Hey Allison!

You and I are of one mind when it comes to Fall! I absolutely LOVE Halloween and the harvest (Obviously from the last writing project). It is finally cool, and this is a time when my energy is really high! I am looking forward to the project and will be on as soon as I get back from seeing my kids in Maine!!!

• orient_celts

on October 15, 2009 at 10:25 pm

I’m looking forward to seeing the entries. I wish I can join but there’s no pumpkin from where I from. 😀

• alexander21

on October 16, 2009 at 3:18 am

On October, 15th winter. Why autumn????
    We in russia already do snowballs.
    Give we will send you the cut out beef meat

on October 16, 2009 at 5:07 am

Pumpkin carving? Jeeze, I never got into that– but I’ve seen some amazing Jack-O-Lanterns in my day! I can’t wait to see the results. 🙂

• Jesse

on October 16, 2009 at 6:05 am

Hi Allison

Pumpkin carving is a great way to express yourself on a pumpkin haaa. Its Art, I remembered when I carved a pumpkin. It was the traditional one with the triangular eyes and jagged teeth. But you see these professional pumpkin carvers carving a picture on the pumpkin its amazing. Don’t think they can carve your face on a pumpkin it would be tooo umm.

-jesse

• adriano henri

on October 16, 2009 at 7:56 am

looks cool, too bad I live in Brazil! hehe

• adriano henri

on October 16, 2009 at 7:57 am

I have an orange? rsrs

• Smallvillekent

on October 16, 2009 at 9:29 am

Hey Allison, Glad your back we missed you. I also like this time of year. I guess it is time to start carving. Enjoy!

• Jenny_1982

on October 16, 2009 at 10:23 am

I’m starting to love Autumn. I use to hate it cause Autumn meant cooler temps but now the crisp Midwestern air and pretty colorful leaves are rubbing off on me.

I can’t wait to send in my pumpkins pictures. I don’t carve my pumpkins until the night before Halloween or they rot. I hope that’s not too late to send in my pic.

Glad your back Allison <3

• RitinhaBr

on October 16, 2009 at 5:54 pm

Wow cool!!!! I will try do a better pumpkin picture, if i send, it will be the best!! iuasaushauhsaushua….

xoxo

• Robin

on October 17, 2009 at 12:29 am

Hi Guys,

Yeah I love the changing seasons and seeing the leaves on trees changing colour. I’m going to try my hand at carving a pumpkin and looking forward at seeing everyones attempts-should be a lot of fun!

on October 17, 2009 at 5:13 am

Pumpkin carving is scary! (How scary is it?)
    Pumpkin carving is so scary that once a Jack-O-Lantern almost burned down a building, but it didn’t even have a candle in it!

• fons

on October 17, 2009 at 6:11 am

hi allison!=)
    i am from the Philippines, and i’d just like to share that here in our country, carving pumpkins is not everyone’s tradition for Halloween. Instead, what most people do here is light candles – with each candle reprsenting a deceased loved one’s soul.
    Halloween is still fun though, ‘coz some people go to Halloween parties with the costumes and props and all. trick and treat is seldom practiced too, generally speaking.
    but i sure hope a friend throws a Halloween party this time to have somewhere to go to!=)

on October 17, 2009 at 7:12 am

Uhmmm, please don’t bogart the pumpkins this year sweety.

• Sandy

on October 17, 2009 at 11:45 am

aww here in Spain we dont have the pumpkins´s tradition in Halloween but I really want to see your arts guys …..
    Have fun making them.. 😉

xoxoxo

• Brittany

on October 17, 2009 at 2:44 pm

What a great idea! Glad to hear from you Allison! Smallville Season 9 is just amazing. Best yet! I’m so excited for everything. I hope you’re having fun!
    Take care!
    Much love & support,
    Brittany XOXOXO

• Susana

on October 18, 2009 at 5:05 pm

Yay Allison your back! 🙂 We haven’t heard from you for a while it’s great to see you coming back & not only that but with an Event that is awesome.

This one sounds really really fun I can’t wait to do it I love Fall it really is the best time of the year it’s the best weather ever. Plus it’s my birthday in between so it’s great 🙂 haha.

So anyway I am really happy by this event & can’t wait to get started.

Take Care,

Susana your friend & fan from Utah 😉

• IreneT

on October 18, 2009 at 5:18 pm

I’m so not into traditions…I just love this season. It’s my favorite time. I am curious though what creative people carv though.

on October 18, 2009 at 5:37 pm

It’s not usually something I’d really get into but it sounds like a fun opportunity so this year I’ll give it a go…oh my god…I suddenly feel the urge to go trick or treating!

on October 23, 2009 at 9:08 pm

Oooo, I’m thinkin about good vibrations!

on October 24, 2009 at 2:26 am

“Variety recently conducted an online poll among several hundred location managers, unit production managers, cinematographers, directors and assistant directors asking them to rate their favorite locations– Best Film-Office Support:
    Vancouver long ago earned the title ‘Hollywood North,’ and the British Columbia Film Commission recently celebrated its 30th anniversary of helping productions find locations, crews and post facilities.”
    By IAIN BLAIR Fri., Oct. 23, 2009

• josuemartinezv

on October 25, 2009 at 12:26 am

Cool, i’ve seen some craved pumpkins, and yeah, It’s totally true that it’s an art. It would be nice to have pumpkins here in Costa Rica though =D

• bwhited1968

on October 26, 2009 at 4:44 pm

OK Allison!

The pumpkins are carved and I submitted them. My kids did them, and I thing they are beautiful!!! I am sorry for the quality of the picture. I used my cell phone. I am considering getting a new Digital video camera. I could use the camcorder, and I really want to get stills at the same time. What do you all think??

on October 26, 2009 at 6:22 pm

bwhited1968,

Today’s digital devices do both video and stills, so if you’re into longer videos for archiving, go with the camcorder, which will also take stills.

• Torias

on October 26, 2009 at 8:11 pm

Halloween is the best. Christmas is all chaotic and Independance day is very noisy. New Years has too much football. Halloween is really the best time to be yourself with no repercussions.

• bwhited1968

on October 27, 2009 at 4:21 am

Thanks for the advice. I have a lot of stills, but I am beginning to wish I had more video… Kids grow up fast, and while my memories are locked in my mind, I would like some video. I think that will be my Christmas gift to myself this year.

• jmzc

on October 27, 2009 at 5:05 am

Hello Allison Mack my name is Jesus Max, I’m 22 years old, I’m fan of the personage of Chloe that you interpret in the serie of Smallville, I like very much how you interpret it, I like how the personage of Chloe is with Clark because it always supports it in everything and this one with both in the good moments and in the bad ones, I would like that at the end of the serie Chloe was remaining with Clark because she deserves it. Sometimes it bothers me when I read negative comments about the personage of Chloe, since there are some comments that attack it very hard trying to demoralize it, I believe that your personage of Chloe is so important as that personage of Lois because you have been constructing it during these eight years and are the right Clark hand and that nobody can deny it, I like very much your personage of Chloe and in case that there are too negative comments of your personage I would like defending it from these comments, I’m an intelligent person and I believe that the personage of Chloe might defend very well from all these negative comments, I hope that you should be good, it was a pleasure for me to greet you, farewell.

• bwhited1968

on October 27, 2009 at 5:10 am

Come On Guys!!!! Only two of us have posted our carvings??

Josh, I have to hand it to you, that is one AWSOME carving!!!

Bruce

on October 28, 2009 at 9:23 am

jmzc Says:
    “I believe that your personage of Chloe is so important as that personage of Lois because you have been constructing it during these eight years and are the right Clark hand and that nobody can deny it”

This is true, despite ‘Lois & Clark’ — in Smallville Chloe does have the prior history.

• Carol UK

on October 31, 2009 at 6:49 pm

Hi All,
    I haven’t been here for a while but I’ve missed this forum. Good to be back.
    I don’t care for halloween much but I love all the autumn colours. I looked out of my window the other morning and the trees were just beautiful – and as the icing on the cake a small herd of deer were grazing on the lawn.
    Nature is just amazing!
    Carol x

• Thomas

on October 31, 2009 at 7:02 pm

Great work everyone! Well done! 🙂

• RitinhaBr

on November 2, 2009 at 3:59 pm

Allison!!! Where are you?? We are missing you!!
    Back, please!!!

xoxo

• Smallvillekent

on November 4, 2009 at 4:25 pm

Well said! Allison please come back we miss you!!

• bwhited1968

on November 5, 2009 at 5:45 pm

November is on us and we are well into a creative time of year. I am sure you have many projects going on. The leaves are leaving the trees and we all tend to slow down a little, however I doubt that is the way it is with your schedule. I am sure with the shoot schedule for not only Smallville, but any other projects as well as live performances you must be Crushed. I have just started my journey as I have documented for you as well as all of my friends here. Even my friends outside of the performing arts are wondering where I am, and I am only doing a few projects!
    Still, we do miss you.

Bruce

on November 7, 2009 at 3:48 am

Allison, we would appreciate another post sometime soon please. . . If you don’t mind.

• josuemartinezv

on November 20, 2009 at 12:11 am

Jaja, it seems like we are really waiting for the next Allison’s post. But I guess she doesn’t have the time to do it, so, we’ll have to keep wating.

on November 21, 2009 at 5:34 am

She got so many of us on the edge of our seats fingers poised, and ready! 😀

on November 21, 2009 at 5:37 am

I surely hope that the Thanksgiving holiday has everyone who celebrates it in the most happy of circumstances. Everybody have a great holiday– Peace. . .

• IreneT

on November 24, 2009 at 11:50 am

I hope that everyones Thanksgiving Day will be the beginning of a season of gratitude, to be mindful of all that we are blessed with. It’s really not about the “bird, or pig”- LOL.

• IreneT

on November 24, 2009 at 11:53 am

you know?! I really miss Allison. I hope all is well with her. I’ve been praying for her, strength, understanding, direction, and just health. Allison, if your reading…everything has a way of making it’s self known in due time. watever that means. Lol. seriously though.

• Smallvillekent

on November 24, 2009 at 4:27 pm

Hope everyone has a nice Thanksgiving. Lets all count are blessings.

• Smallvillekent

on November 24, 2009 at 4:30 pm

Allison we all really miss you. Hope you are doing good. Looking foward to hearing from you.

on November 24, 2009 at 11:56 pm

I second what Smallvillekent just said. Be patient. We haven’t been forgotten.
    By the way, happy Thanksgiving everyone. It’s a pity this holiday isn’t big in Australia. This year I feel I have a lot to be thankful for.

on November 25, 2009 at 6:00 am

Allison, I certainly hope that you are having a good celebration this holiday season.

on November 25, 2009 at 6:29 am

Beth, isn’t there any harvest celebration in Australia, even if it’s not a nationally proclaimed one? (Although you’d think that by now there’d be a clamour for a new day off. . . err, holiday anyway)

• Thomas

on November 25, 2009 at 12:54 pm

Hope everyone has a safe, fun, and Happy Thanksgiving.

on November 27, 2009 at 11:24 am

Congratulations to Allison and crew for the festival rounds of Alice & Huck!

The first shipment of the DVD should be next week, according to A&H’s writer Rob Gray.

• dowajo

on November 27, 2009 at 8:15 pm

Eleanor Roosevelt is only as good as her support network. Everyone loved her…I wonder why

• Dream_Walker

on November 29, 2009 at 5:53 am

Sorry its been a while i wrote anything :/ But i guess we all have our “busy” moments…
    Halloween.. well its kinda funny really, cause in my country it isnt really celebrated as big holiday, sure kids go trick or treating but thats about it. Personally i think its fun event and i woulda loved to carve pumpkin, but just no time, more food to others so all good:P
    This year is ending, what are Youre plans for holidays? Family? Im taking my mom and taking small road trip to spend holiday with her um…”boyfriend” Rofl. But they got nice family so its gonnabe a blast probably, also i am gonna go watch 3D Live! Cinema full movie “Avatar” :)))
    Looking forward to Youre posts/blogs/thoughts been too long, Take care Allison , until we type again, DW…

• Ruthie

on December 3, 2009 at 8:33 am

Miss you on here, Allison! This season’s Smallville has been so much fun, though…can’t wait for the movie in January.

Have a wonderful holiday season!