I have been thinking all day today about the difference between me and my cat. Yes, I got a cat since we last spoke. He is fabulous, his name is Bosley and he has no tail. Don’t worry, there will be pictures that follow!
So, back to the “cat vs. me” exploration.
- We both love to eat, although he seems to stop when he is full while I go til there is nothing left on my plate.
- We both love to be touched, although I won’t push my nose under someone’s hand for affection (oh wait, yes I do).
- We both go to the bathroom, although I go in a porcelain orb while he uses a plastic box with sand.
- We both love to lie in the sun, although he does it alone or with us and I struggle to do anything solo.
- We both seem dependent on the families that support us, although I am not dependent. I can make choices for myself and think about things in regards to the future and the past.
- I can take responsibility for my life choices.
- I can imagine and create.
- I can cry and speak.
- I can laugh and explore.
- I can fall in and out of love.
- I can read.
- I can fail.
- I can live in way that is so rich and full.
Wow Bosley, looks like you got the fuzzy side of the lollipop. Maybe you will earn this honor in your next life. But until then, enjoy the foot of my bed.